Pages

October 30, 2015

Date Night With My Paints


Every Thursday evening I have a date with my paints. Sometimes I know what we are going to do; other times we just play around. Sometimes I am pleased with the results of our efforts, and sometimes, not so much. But each time my paints and I get together, I learn a little more about them. It has been such a long time since I've done any serious painting that I am learning all over again. I have had to get reacquainted with my brushes. I've experimented with mixing colors and glazing, working wet into wet, and using dry brush techniques. I have painted on expensive watercolor paper, and I've tried the cheap stuff.

Lately, I have been trying to learn how to paint the sky, and I am still experimenting with different effects. Last week I had a pretty good sky going, and then I messed it up. So this week, I decided to take a break from painting clouds and do something else for a change. I grabbed a few pink lady apples, set them on the table with a small wooden bowl and got to work. At first, I was unhappy with what I came up with. But after a while, the apples began to take shape. And maybe next time, they'll be even better! This is what my paints and I did last evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment