Pages

September 7, 2016

Coffee Break (or Tea Time)


Usually I have a cup of hot coffee mid-morning with a small square of dark chocolate. It's just enough to give me a little boost before I dig into any serious projects. But yesterday, I got a sample tea bag from The Republic of Tea. The flavor is one that my friends have been anxiously awaiting these last few weeks -- that flavor that pops up in coffee shops each year when the weather begins to get a little cooler -- Pumpkin Spice! The beverage I am trying this morning is a black tea blended with a hint of pumpkin and spices reminiscent of pumpkin pie -- cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, and clove. Served with cream and a little sugar, it is delightful. This is a tea I may have to drink more often! In keeping with the autumn spice theme, I am enjoying a ginger snap cookie with my tea.

It's September. And while my northern friends are looking forward to the orange, red, and golden leaves of autumn, I am looking forward to the subtle changes of a South Florida fall. This is the time when Floridians plant their vegetable gardens. The royal poincianas are finishing their summer show of  brilliant orange flowers. And the birds will soon be packing their bags for their journey south, back to my garden. While many of you are looking forward to cozy times in front of the fireplace, I am looking forward to relaxing on the patio without melting in the heat. Instead of raking leaves, I will be pulling weeds.

Although the change in seasons is not as pronounced here as in other places, there is a different feeling in the air. Autumn is on its way. So while I sit here sipping my tea, I am thinking of fall. How can I welcome in the new season? It's time for a little change. Maybe I'll get a new plant for the front porch, or stitch up a few pillow covers for my sofa. And it's time to switch out my summer clothes for a new set of attire. For details on this procedure, check out my series of posts about The Ten Item Wardrobe.

Do you have any special rituals for autumn? How do you prepare for the change of seasons? Let's share a cup of pumpkin spice and get ready for fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment