Pages

January 8, 2017

Happy New Year!

ruby-throated hummingbird perched on firespike

The ribbons and tinsel in the stores have given way to storage boxes and exercise wear, and here we are at the beginning of a new year. Although some stayed home New Year's Day, recovering from late night parties, many of us got up and went to church. An abundance of fireworks into the wee hours of the morning, coupled with an early morning drive to the airport had resulted in a  restless night, and I struggled to stay awake, having had just three hours of sleep. I noticed more than one person in the congregation with head bowed and eyes closed. In spite of  their prayerful appearance, however, they were actually dozing off, as evidenced by the sudden lifting of heads, furtive glances, and embarrassed smiles. 

We spent the day after New Year's taking down the tree and packing up the decorations. Of course, before we could take the boxes out to the garage for storage we had to rearrange everything. And, of course, that meant cleaning the garage and throwing out some of the junk that had accumulated there, washing throw rugs and sweeping the floor. It was an exhausting day, but what a feeling of accomplishment I had when it was all done! Suddenly the living room seems so much bigger, and I'm ready for a fresh start.

Now that our Christmas break is over, I will spend this week getting back into a routine, examining my life, setting goals, and making plans. I already have some ideas and can't wait to get started! Be sure to join me as I share the blessings of life with thoughts, ideas, and encouragement! Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment