Pages

July 29, 2016

Another Delicious Salad


A few days ago, I was making the raspberry vinaigrette dressing I shared in my post, Dressing Up a Simple Salad, when I got to thinking. Maybe I could use this basic recipe and change it a little to make other flavors. Suddenly, my head was filled with ideas for dressings to try. First I came up with this Apricot Vinaigrette, a sweet-tart dressing that tastes delicious! First, I tried it on a spinach and apple salad with goat cheese, and used a little of it when cooking some chicken tenderloins. The result was just what I had hoped it would be.


Today, I put together a scrumptious salad filled with fruits and veggies for lunch. I started with romaine lettuce and spinach, and added onions, cucumbers, and broccoli florets. To this, I added strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, and some longans that my next-door-neighbor gave me from his tree. I topped the salad off with candied walnuts and goat cheese, and some of my apricot vinaigrette. The result was a delicious, summery treat full of flavor and nutrition.

Apricot Vinaigrette

1/3 Cup apricot preserves
1/3 - 1/2 Cup white wine vinegar
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

Blend ingredients in blender until smooth, and pour into bottle. 
Keep refrigerated.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment