Pages

July 22, 2016

A Busy Week


It has been another busy week with little time for blogging. Having my husband home for the summer is always nice, and we've been spending a great deal of time working around the house and enjoying each other's company. In just a few more weeks, school will begin again, so we have been trying to get the tiling done in our bathroom. This is a project we started a year ago. But with my husband's busy schedule, we just couldn't seem to get anywhere with it. So we decided enough is enough and set our minds to getting the job done. We make a good team: I do the measuring and installation, and he does the mixing of the mortar and the tile cutting. I am happy to report that we are making progress. We are hoping to have the shower finished and usable by the time school starts.

My latest project has been creating an art journal. I've been trying to squeeze in a little time each evening to work on it. So far, I am just warming up. I have lots of ideas for pictures and quotes and things to do with my journal, and once we get the tiling finished, I will get more creative. My first page of daily entries is shown above, and here is my collage for the month of July:


I used pictures from magazines that remind me of July. It's not fancy, but it's a start. There will be little watercolor paintings and sketches and some of my favorite Bible verses. I will include quotes and ideas and memories. Hopefully, my doodles will get better and better, and my creativity will increase. And then will come more ideas and more art! Would you like to join me? Grab a sketchbook or a planner (no need to wait until January -- academic calendars start in July), some colored pencils or pens, and express yourself! It's your book; you can do what you want. Happy journaling!







No comments:

Post a Comment