Pages

November 10, 2016

The Sun Will Come Up in the Morning


It has been a week (or maybe I should say a year!) fraught with emotion. Another presidential election has come and gone, with many people happy and many others angry and disappointed. But, as President Obama told Americans, "The sun will rise in the morning." And it did. You see, while nations rise and fall, and leaders come and go, God is still in control. And He always will be.



This morning, I noticed that my coffee cherries are beginning to ripen! It looks like I will have quite a few to pick, and I'm hoping to actually have enough to brew a little coffee. Quite by accident, I noticed a year or two ago that the fruit of the Coffea arabica is quite sweet, although there is not much flesh on each cherry. I will have to start picking them as they ripen, but I must not let the dog see me do it! Penny observed us picking the fruits of our strawberry tree (see my post, Coffee Break: The Strawberry Tree) a while back and decided to try them herself. Each morning, she reaches up at the lower branches in search of some sweet fruits for herself, which she gingerly plucks from the tree and eats. I am afraid if she sees me pick those coffee cherries, she will do the same. Of course, if that were to happen, I might be able to try some kopi luwak!


My star fruit tree, Averrhoa carambola, is blossoming, hopefully to be followed by some lovely golden fruits. We haven't gotten many star fruits from this tree, but maybe the fertilizer we applied will change that.

The hummingbirds and painted buntings have returned from their summer homes, and I have been enjoying their show each day as they fly to and fro and splash about in the bird bath. The butterflies still dance around in the garden, the bees still buzz, and the mockingbirds still sing from the trees. This evening, the sun will go down in the west, spreading glorious color across the sky. And the sun will come up in the morning. 

From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!
Psalm 113:3 (ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment